PICC-Midline Nursing Considerations & Management
Recommended for any healthcare provider who cares for and/or maintains PICC’s or a regular basis!
This 2-hour program will define the term Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) and differentiate between a PICC vascular access device and a peripheral midline.
Content will include:
- Review of proper nursing management of a PICC
- Proper aseptic technique for access
- Infusing I.V. medications
- Dressing changes
- Site assessment
- Proper flushing techniques to prevent catheter occlusions
- Signs and symptoms of post insertion complications
- Interventions related to post insertion complications
Included in this course is a live recorded video presentation given by Kay Coulter, CRNI®, VA-BC™ of approximately 2 hours and a downloadable PICC-Midline Nursing Considerations & Management workbook.