IV Therapy Education – “IV Certification”
Program available online! Work at your pace…when it is most convenient for you!
Our IV Therapy Education Program (quite often referred to as IV Certification) is designed to provide all Nurses and Post-Graduate Nursing Students with a basic knowledge of IV therapy practice.
The online program includes a video presentation given by Kay Coulter, CRNI, VA-BC; a video of a live peripheral IV catheter insertion demonstration and videos of 2 live implanted venous port access (and de-access) demonstrations; a downloadable IV Therapy Education workbook (100+ pages); and a post test following each chapter.
We partner with several groups to offer our online content along with a HANDS-ON IV SKILLS LAB component in the following geographic locations:
- Florida – Clearwater
- Maine – Various Locations
- Massachusetts – Various Locations
- New Hampshire – Manchester
- New Hampshire – Various Locations
- Washington – Seattle
Content Will Include:
- Current Standards of Practice
- Venous Access Device Review (includes 4-hours of central line education)
- Venipuncture Techniques
- I.V. Medication Administration & Fluid Management
- A Review of Nutritional Solutions
- Management of Difficult Insertions
- Legal Aspects Related to I.V. Therapy
- Vascular Access Protocols
Purchase Online Only Course
NOTE: The practice of I.V. Therapy must be performed according to an individual’s State scope of practice for their discipline and/or level of licensure. It is the responsibility of each participant to maintain his or her level of proficiency on an annual basis.