Hypodermoclysis: Indications, Techniques & Infusions
This program will review hypodermoclysis, an alternative infusion method for hydrating fluids!
This 1-hour course will review an alternative infusion method for hydrating fluids into the subcutaneous tissues for special patient populations (older adults & the terminally ill) who have limited peripheral vein availability.
Included in this course is a video/slide presentation given by Kay Coulter, CRNI®, VA-BC™, video demonstration of the hypodermoclysis procedural steps and a printable handout.
We recommend that this online course be followed by skills practice/validation with a qualified clinical preceptor at your place of employment.
Content will include:
- Appropriate patient candidates
- Benefits of hypodermoclysis
- Recommended access devices
- Video demonstration of procedural steps
- Proper site assessment & maintenance
- Medical record documentation
- Potential complications & appropriate interventions
NOTE: The practice of IV therapy must be performed according to an individual’s State scope of practice for their discipline and/or level of licensure. It is the responsibility of each participant to maintain his or her level of proficiency on an annual basis.